The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
6.14.2005
Day 11
We got up this morning and started scraping again. Yippa-dee-doo-dah-day. So the ceilings were covered with water based paint and I guess they weren't supposed to be done with water based paint...this is why we are having such trouble with it. We've finished [hopefully] with scrapping the kitchen and the bathroom. We'll for sure start painting tomorrow. On goes the primer. This place has been a pain so far, hopefully the rest of our stay isn't so "painful" as the scrapping and painting the walls has been.
So there. We had tuna and philla cheese on rice cakes. By the way, I recommend this to anyone, for it is the most scrumptious meal for snack or lunch really. So. For dinner I cooked chicken. It was fun tearing apart the ligaments and such. Lovely pictures to come. I would say that this chicken was bertha, but it wasn't. We'll say it was the wanna-be bertha. Remember Bertha? Bertha is the chicken that Heidi and I are going to get, raise throughout the 'wintertime' and then slay before I leave. She'll be a good braai no doubt. We just have to find her. Anyone know how to find a good Bertha chicken? I think it'd be fun to find a Bernard rooster too so there can be baby chicks, but that might get out of control....however it would be nice to have an alarm clock for the mornings. One that doesn't let you press snooze.
Tonight, ah tonight. I don't know what I'm doing. I guess I'll be continuing the second book I'm reading called, "somethingaboutculturalconflicts" and it is good so far. That's all folks.
Praises:
-God's goodness
Prayer Requests:
-That the primer would go on and no more pealing would come of the ceilings of our flat.
So there. We had tuna and philla cheese on rice cakes. By the way, I recommend this to anyone, for it is the most scrumptious meal for snack or lunch really. So. For dinner I cooked chicken. It was fun tearing apart the ligaments and such. Lovely pictures to come. I would say that this chicken was bertha, but it wasn't. We'll say it was the wanna-be bertha. Remember Bertha? Bertha is the chicken that Heidi and I are going to get, raise throughout the 'wintertime' and then slay before I leave. She'll be a good braai no doubt. We just have to find her. Anyone know how to find a good Bertha chicken? I think it'd be fun to find a Bernard rooster too so there can be baby chicks, but that might get out of control....however it would be nice to have an alarm clock for the mornings. One that doesn't let you press snooze.
Tonight, ah tonight. I don't know what I'm doing. I guess I'll be continuing the second book I'm reading called, "somethingaboutculturalconflicts" and it is good so far. That's all folks.
Praises:
-God's goodness
Prayer Requests:
-That the primer would go on and no more pealing would come of the ceilings of our flat.