The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
6.15.2005
Day 12
You know those cars that have a finicky ignition where you have to turn the wheel and try to turn the key and, well, if you have experienced this, you know what I mean...my honda does that at home. Anyway, the door to our flat does this too, accept with this door you have to turn the nob, pull the key in and out to find the right spot and try to turn it all at the same time. It is a task. I originally thought we got the wrong key for the door because it was so finicky and I couldn't get it to lock. Unlocking is easier, so I guess that's good.
At 10:30am this morning we watched a movie with preschoolers in the chapel here on campus. Just down the road is the preschool. The teacher's name is Precious Langa. She is the sister-in-law to Israel Langa who was the former Headmaster of the bible college here. Anyway, she's a princess. Really. I guess she is part of the Dlamini family and anyone with that last name or of the blood line is royal. She is such a nice person and really good with the kids. They were so cute watching the movie. Afterwards they sang for us...more more like screamed words. I think I have lost some of my hearing. They sang a song where some of the words was to go hug a partner or something like that. Since Heidi, Dorcas, and I were the only white people there, they thought we were interesting and therefore had to give us hugs. I seriously think I may have hugged every single one of those kids. I would guess there were around 30 of them. Some of them had purple uniforms. When they left I noticed that Tendaai was the the last to leave. I knew she was preschool age, but it didn't register that she could have attended that preschool. I said, "Hi Tendaai." and as she walked out the door she waved her hand behind her to me. She's such a cutie. I'll have to post a picture of her so you can see for yourself.
The teams left today. It's going to be much quieter now. They aren't leaving Swaziland yet, but just the campus to move on to a new location.
We've got the kitchen completely painted. It looks great, but smaller. Originally it was white and now it's a light blue. The ceiling in the bathroom is done, and the ceiling in the living room needs one more coat. So tomorrow we're mixing a light yellow paint for those two rooms. We'll have quite a colorful house. I hope the colors don't clash. Our trim is going to be an off white color. Our faithful helper is a student here by the name of Bongani (bone-GAH-nee). His name means, thankful. umbonga is the infinitive verb being thankful. Ngi ya bonga means I am thankful. So adding the "ni" on the end just makes it a name.
I've decided that oil paint is evil and I made sure that everyone around me (Heidi and Bongani) knew it as I was painting today. Bongani asked, "why is it evil?" I said, "because it gets on you and won't come off without paint thinner. It is evil." I'm sure that the Swazi's have a different definition of the word, but to me, oil paint is evil.
Praise:
-We have the ceilings painted! mostly. The kitchen is done!!! (Thank you for praying)
-Got some laundry done.
-I'm not sick. God is watchin out for me.
Prayer Requests:
-Esther traveling safety as she travels to Jo-burg
-The rest of the painting to go well without pealing
-safety and health (we've had a few minor injuries in this painting process and the paint fumes give headaches...)
At 10:30am this morning we watched a movie with preschoolers in the chapel here on campus. Just down the road is the preschool. The teacher's name is Precious Langa. She is the sister-in-law to Israel Langa who was the former Headmaster of the bible college here. Anyway, she's a princess. Really. I guess she is part of the Dlamini family and anyone with that last name or of the blood line is royal. She is such a nice person and really good with the kids. They were so cute watching the movie. Afterwards they sang for us...more more like screamed words. I think I have lost some of my hearing. They sang a song where some of the words was to go hug a partner or something like that. Since Heidi, Dorcas, and I were the only white people there, they thought we were interesting and therefore had to give us hugs. I seriously think I may have hugged every single one of those kids. I would guess there were around 30 of them. Some of them had purple uniforms. When they left I noticed that Tendaai was the the last to leave. I knew she was preschool age, but it didn't register that she could have attended that preschool. I said, "Hi Tendaai." and as she walked out the door she waved her hand behind her to me. She's such a cutie. I'll have to post a picture of her so you can see for yourself.
The teams left today. It's going to be much quieter now. They aren't leaving Swaziland yet, but just the campus to move on to a new location.
We've got the kitchen completely painted. It looks great, but smaller. Originally it was white and now it's a light blue. The ceiling in the bathroom is done, and the ceiling in the living room needs one more coat. So tomorrow we're mixing a light yellow paint for those two rooms. We'll have quite a colorful house. I hope the colors don't clash. Our trim is going to be an off white color. Our faithful helper is a student here by the name of Bongani (bone-GAH-nee). His name means, thankful. umbonga is the infinitive verb being thankful. Ngi ya bonga means I am thankful. So adding the "ni" on the end just makes it a name.
I've decided that oil paint is evil and I made sure that everyone around me (Heidi and Bongani) knew it as I was painting today. Bongani asked, "why is it evil?" I said, "because it gets on you and won't come off without paint thinner. It is evil." I'm sure that the Swazi's have a different definition of the word, but to me, oil paint is evil.
Praise:
-We have the ceilings painted! mostly. The kitchen is done!!! (Thank you for praying)
-Got some laundry done.
-I'm not sick. God is watchin out for me.
Prayer Requests:
-Esther traveling safety as she travels to Jo-burg
-The rest of the painting to go well without pealing
-safety and health (we've had a few minor injuries in this painting process and the paint fumes give headaches...)