The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
6.21.2005
Day 18
Today we got up semi-early and started to move our stuff to the flat. I got my stuff and our stuff moved by noon. Bheki (beg-ee) is the school's maintenance person and he came and worked on replacing our toilet, which works wonderfully now. At 1pm we left for Mbabane to get some furniture. We know of this resale store there and sometimes they have good stuff and sometimes they really don't have much of anything. Luckily, we were able to find a set that is a couch and two chairs. It's a cool green color ;-)
Pretty much every building here is uneven and so it is quite obvious that things are not lined up. It's funny, but reminds me of home in our old house, in a strange way ;-) I hope that the rest of this week I can get organized and get some work done that needs to get done!
In two weeks, the 5th through the 8th, I will be doing computer skills sessions with students who are interested in the subject. I hope that people sign up! I've heard that there are only 14 students on campus this semester. Some are commuters who live close by.
Praise:
-We were able to find furniture for a good price.
-We're moved in!
-Can relax the rest of this week.
Prayer Requests:
-That the repairs in our flat would get fixed soon so we can function normally.
-Safe trip to the orphanage this weekend
-Monday and Tuesday we will be going to Kruger Park and so pray that I don't get car sick from being in the car so often.
-My ear/throat is starting to be achy. I hope I'm not catching something.
Pretty much every building here is uneven and so it is quite obvious that things are not lined up. It's funny, but reminds me of home in our old house, in a strange way ;-) I hope that the rest of this week I can get organized and get some work done that needs to get done!
In two weeks, the 5th through the 8th, I will be doing computer skills sessions with students who are interested in the subject. I hope that people sign up! I've heard that there are only 14 students on campus this semester. Some are commuters who live close by.
Praise:
-We were able to find furniture for a good price.
-We're moved in!
-Can relax the rest of this week.
Prayer Requests:
-That the repairs in our flat would get fixed soon so we can function normally.
-Safe trip to the orphanage this weekend
-Monday and Tuesday we will be going to Kruger Park and so pray that I don't get car sick from being in the car so often.
-My ear/throat is starting to be achy. I hope I'm not catching something.