The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

6.23.2005

Day 20

Last night I was awake quite a bit with my ears aching. Today as the day progressed, the aching became more focused on my left ear and it hasn't gone away, but gotten a bit worse and more irritating.

Bheki and Nhlahla worked on fixing things in our house, all day long. Bheki was practicing stuttering so that he could be like the WWF guy who stuttered. I think he just thought the guy was funny. They started with cutting a counter for our kitchenette, then another counter to attach our sink to some shelves. We put some shelves in our closet and then we had various outlet adjustments made. These guys are excellent. They really know how to stick to a task and get it done. There is a lot of talk along the way, but it is all to do with this relational culture where, that's just what you do. If there was something that had came up that seemed more of a priority over working on our flat, the avg. African would drop and go to the priority to work on that. Thank God we got everything done in our flat today. It is such a relief to have it done. Just some organization and a few screws put in our kitchenette tomorrow.

I kind of watched everything today and worked on hand sewing our sitting room curtains (good thing I brought my sewing kit!) I wasn't full of energy because of my earache and think I might have had a little fever because of it. Slow day. I went down and visited Eunice Cox a bit and we walked about artsy stuff. It is nice to find a kindred spirit. I also brought down 5 grasshoppers (mini ones) for Trevor to try and feed his chameleons because he hasn't fed them in a while and couldn't find any grasshoppers. We only have one in our flat and he doesn't like to eat more than one a day and so we're going to have to figure out how to keep the hoppers alive since they're kind of hard to come by in the winter.

The clouds outside were beautiful today. The sky was filled with the big lusciously fluffy white clouds what seem to appear on bright days. Dorcas said that these clouds appear often in the winter. They are so neat to watch.

Praise:
-Relaxing day.
-Able to sort some thoughts.

Prayer Requests:
-My ear infection to go away.
-Mathias to get over his cold.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?