The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

6.24.2005

Day 21

Thank you to those who prayed for me yesterday. I prayed that the Holy Spirit would prompt people back home to pray for me all day (which is all night here) for my health. I didn't post the blog yet with the prayer request about my ear infection, but God knows! I didn't wake up at all last night with my ear hurting...and this morning I didn't have any pain in my ear! It's still plugged and I can't hear very well, but I'm not in pain and that makes it so much better. I was worried about going to the doctor's today or bearing the pain all weekend through Tuesday when we would be away. Well, the pain is gone! Praise the Lord!!!

After checking my ear and being very conscious of it this morning to see if the pain was really gone, I got ready for the day and headed to the library. I went through three sections of books on shelves today to make sure they were in their right order. There is still so many more sections to so and it would have been too much for Mrs. Twala to do on her own. I'm glad we are able to help.

This afternoon we went to Manzini to post mail and get groceries. It was interesting, I've never seen this before, but it made me sad. I noticed a guard by the front entrance of SPAR (the grocery store name) and he was doing a pat down search of a kid. A kid! I guess there are some street kids that probably try to run in and run out with food...so they pat down all of the kids that go out with food and check their receipts too. They don't do that with adults. It's sad. I wish things were different, but they aren't.

Tonight we might go and hang out at the Cox's where one of the missions teams are visiting tonight because they have been living in Umfundisi Walter's new house that has no heat, no running water, and no toilet! Talk about roughing it! They are living there as they help with building a building of some sort. Maybe a new carepoint? I think they're building a new carepoint. Anyway, that's heavy-duty. They're hanging at the Cox's tonight for fun and I think we'll join in since we can't hang with them this weekend.

Tomorrow morning we leave at 9:30am and won't be back until Tuesday sometime. Until then, I won't be able to update my blog. You can certainly send me an email though!

Praise:
-God is healing my ear...no pain!
-Our flat is complete accept the kitchenette top :)

Prayer Request:
-That my hearing will come back in my left ear
-Safety in our travels
-That we can give all of our love to the abandoned babies center in northern Swaziland this weekend. (I can't wait!)


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?