The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
6.29.2005
Day 26
Today we worked in the Library from 9:30am-1:30pm. I got two bookshelves done. There is a lot of work to do. Still have several more bookshelves to do and still have a couple of weekdays before the students are back.
I was able to help Mrs. Twala with understanding how to use MSN messenger. She is starting the orphanage on the campus here. It is called the Fortress. There is a team from Canada that will be coming to build in a couple weeks, I think. Once the building is built and liveable, they'll move the campus electric wire back and around the orphanage so they are safe too. Right now she is trying to get to a place where they can have a good means of communication because I guess using the phones are more expensive for her than the internet. So tomorrow at 2pm i'm going to help her get on messenger so that she can communicate with Anne in Canada. I still have yet to look at the computers in the library that I will be teaching students from. I don't know what kind of programs are on them! I might have limited lessons.
The counter top on our kitchenette has now been installed. Thank GOD!!! It was difficult trying to do anything on our wobbily kitchen table. Now we have a real counter top. This is a very very good thing!
Praise:
-Counter top installed!
-Andy finally has a new set of healthy lungs! Praise GOD! He is so good!!!
Prayer Request:
-Get over this cold I got from Mathias
-Health/Safety
-Continue to learn new things.
I was able to help Mrs. Twala with understanding how to use MSN messenger. She is starting the orphanage on the campus here. It is called the Fortress. There is a team from Canada that will be coming to build in a couple weeks, I think. Once the building is built and liveable, they'll move the campus electric wire back and around the orphanage so they are safe too. Right now she is trying to get to a place where they can have a good means of communication because I guess using the phones are more expensive for her than the internet. So tomorrow at 2pm i'm going to help her get on messenger so that she can communicate with Anne in Canada. I still have yet to look at the computers in the library that I will be teaching students from. I don't know what kind of programs are on them! I might have limited lessons.
The counter top on our kitchenette has now been installed. Thank GOD!!! It was difficult trying to do anything on our wobbily kitchen table. Now we have a real counter top. This is a very very good thing!
Praise:
-Counter top installed!
-Andy finally has a new set of healthy lungs! Praise GOD! He is so good!!!
Prayer Request:
-Get over this cold I got from Mathias
-Health/Safety
-Continue to learn new things.