The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

6.11.2005

Day 8

I have a tiny mosquito bite on the nuckle of one of my little toes. It is annoying. My first mosquito bite.

Kingston, poor pup, he's been walking around on wobbily legs, shivering. It's been in the 50's, I'd guess, during the last two days. I woke him up when I left Esther and Dorcas' tonight petting his head. He was all curled up in a ball at the bottom of the steps, trying to block out the wind by being in the corner. Hopefully he can grow some more fur so that he doesn't freeze this winter (summer for Americans). It's terribly windy. The Indiana weather has followed me. WHY!?!?!????

Not much happened today. We were planning to go to Mbabane today if Mathias was better, but he wasn't. Instead we just went into Manzini to get some things.

For lunch I made the biggest grilled cheese sandwich of all time. It was like two inches thick. I like bread. It is bad. Anyway, Heidi went for a walk and her walks are long and usually consist of visiting people. So I decided to go for a walk as well and left, not really knowing where I was going to go. The lady who helped name me Nothando was walking along the road as well and we met. She reminded me of her name: Patricia. We walked along together and I just kind of followed her wherever she went. She is about my age, married and has a baby. I told patricia that I want to find someone to teach me siSwati and she taught me the mouth clicks last night. Patricia is a very nice Christian who is wise in the ways of her country. She updated us of the ways Swaziland is struggling right now and how much help they need here. She taught us the words for good night, Bosugu laKuhle. It is too hard for me to write out how to phonetically say it, so I won't. I hope to visit her sometime every couple of days to learn the language better. I think she will be a good teacher for me.

We ate marinated chicken, potatoes, and beans last night for dinner. Then we went over to Esther's place to watch a movie. Have you ever heard of a movie called Princess Caraboo? It was an interesting movie to see. Tomorrow we are going to Umfundisi Bheksisa's church. Bheksisa is the VP of the bible college here. You pronounce his name big-SEE-sah.

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. The weather is been peculiar here, but that is normal in the wintertime I suppose.

Praise:
-Good health
-God's goodness and mercy

Prayer Requests:
-Mathias
-health and safety


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?