The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

6.25.2005

"One righteous person can make a big difference."--Robyn Richter, Abandoned Babies Center
Robyn reminded us tonight about how God agreed to not destroy Jerusalem if there was only one righteous person in the whole city.

A man was walked along a beach, picking up starfish and throwing them back into the sea, saving their lives. Another man came up and asked him, "Why are you doing this? You can't possibly make a difference."
He looked at him after throwing in a starfish and said, "I made a difference in that one."

Every life is special. Every living thing has a purpose. One person can make a difference. Someone asked me what I will be doing in missions. I said, "I don't know, maybe I'll work with the AIDs victims in Africa." He asked me, "I don't mean offense by this, but truly, what can you, one person, do to make a difference?" I replied, "I help one person, that person tells others how to help each other. Love and compassion spreads. That's how I'll make a difference." He looked at me dumbstruck. Apparently he's never thought of it like that before.

Missionaries cannot save any country. It will take nationals who rise up themselves and take a stand. Africa will never be saved until the people of Africa start to make a difference themselves. The same thing in any other country of the world. All missionaries can do it to show how to make that difference. Missionaries are trainers. Until we realize this, the nationals will only look at us and whisper between themselves, "They do not know our ways, they do not know how we survive. How can they tell us these things of how we
need to be when they are not from here and do not know us?"


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?