The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
7.05.2005
Day 32
Today is the day when all of the students were supposed to be here. Only a few got here though. I have started teaching computer skills. The students are learning fairly quick. They are all at different levels of learning though. This can make things a little tricky. Anyway, I spent a couple of hours teaching students. I have had some people who only want to learn to type and so I put them on the Mavis Beacon Typing Program.
This week we are eating our lunches in the cafeteria with the students so that we can get to know some of them. The meals are the same...but that's okay. Swazi meals are something that I want to experience. Sibongile (Sibo for short) is the only single girl student attending here. She is such a friendly, sweet person. She said that if she had a voice, she would have screamed when she saw us the first time. I think I would have been shocked if she had. She's funny though and we get along well.
This week we are eating our lunches in the cafeteria with the students so that we can get to know some of them. The meals are the same...but that's okay. Swazi meals are something that I want to experience. Sibongile (Sibo for short) is the only single girl student attending here. She is such a friendly, sweet person. She said that if she had a voice, she would have screamed when she saw us the first time. I think I would have been shocked if she had. She's funny though and we get along well.