The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

7.12.2005

Day 39

Did lots of errands this morning in Manzini...including putting off someone's car alarm when I was parallel parking. Guess I got too close to the car or something and set it off. I didn't even touch the car. Sensitive security...my goodness. Found a transformer for the tv that we are using while we are here. Did grocery shopping and had to put some stuff back because we ran low on money after buying the transformer...that I personally don't think we really needed...oh well.

There was a student, Bheki, who stopped by our place and asked for some computer help. I helped him with creating a diagram like he wanted and then showed him how to do it. He was grateful. Students are eager to learn computer skills.

I started in the Library tonight (6pm-10pm) by helping Nhlanhla at practicing his typing. He has also requested that I help him with pronouncing English words more correctly. He has had some trouble with his A's and U's. So, He wants to learn American English, as well as how to structure his sentences properly. It's not too difficult. We make funny noises practicing our A's and U's, but it's all good. I don't think about the other students around when I test him and they end up laughing at us making noises. Little Tendaai was with us the other day and she was pronouncing the vowels better than he was. Guess the thick Zimbabwean accent is hard to get away from.

Went to bed too late.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?