The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
7.16.2005
Day 43
I attended a class this weekend that was titled "Preparation for Marriage". The speaker's name is Umfundisi Sibusiso Nkosi and he works at a school in South Africa. I benefited a lot from this class, in that it also gave many good tips on just how to get along with people that you live with. Umfundisi Nkosi encouraged us how to know our own personality before trying to understand the other person. Once you know yourself, you can know how to adapt to the other person. There were many other things I learned and I enjoyed attending the class ... We got to debate about whether or not "Christian dating in preparation for marriage" is a good thing. My side won. We were against dating.
I did crafts with the 4-6 year olds today. We're studying the Ten Commandments. I cut out the number one out of several paper plates and then wrote "GOD" on them. Then I had the kids color their project and I put a string through the hole in the top. We told the kids, "This is to wear around your neck to remind you to keep God number one in your life. He is the most important." They were cute and I think understood its importance.
Prayer Requests:
-I need to learn to understand cultural differences. It has differed between students because some students are from different countries. It is a little frustrating having to change what I do around different people. Slowly but surely I'm learning and after a long talk with Sibo, I am greatly encouraged by my African sister.
-health--we're very tired after a long week
Praise:
-God's freedom, love and everything else.
I did crafts with the 4-6 year olds today. We're studying the Ten Commandments. I cut out the number one out of several paper plates and then wrote "GOD" on them. Then I had the kids color their project and I put a string through the hole in the top. We told the kids, "This is to wear around your neck to remind you to keep God number one in your life. He is the most important." They were cute and I think understood its importance.
Prayer Requests:
-I need to learn to understand cultural differences. It has differed between students because some students are from different countries. It is a little frustrating having to change what I do around different people. Slowly but surely I'm learning and after a long talk with Sibo, I am greatly encouraged by my African sister.
-health--we're very tired after a long week
Praise:
-God's freedom, love and everything else.