The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

7.17.2005

Day 44

Last night the youth had a conversation on something that was quite interesting. They have a "Discussion Suggestion Box" where the students put a conversation starter and they talk about it. The topic was this: When the Pastor says "you may kiss the bride", why don't they kiss? The Pastor gives them that opportunity to do so, so why is it still unacceptable to kiss the bride? You see, in Swaziland they are still conservative about showing affection towards the opposite sex, in public, even if you are married. The youth were so zealous about his subject, they were like, “If this is the only opportunity that I get to kiss my husband in public, I want to do it. How else will a change be made in our country? We just have to do it and then maybe eventually it'll change all together." It was so funny to hear them talk about it. One of the girls, Nothando, was so passionate that she was banging her bible against the floor as she was speaking. Saying that the Bible says nothing against such things. It was so funny. But you know, I guess, growing up in a culture that still wants to cling to traditional views, it is difficult for the youth who wants to be free and be allowed to change to be what they want to be.

I prepared for Sunday school this morning, to talk about the Fruits of the Spirit. I only got through the fruit of "love" though. I wanted the youth to really understand what God's love is for us and how we need to radiate that on to others, even our enemies. They got it and I was pleased. Some were listening very closely and I hope that with God, I made a difference in their lives. I had a girl named, Nothando "Love", speak to the church about what she learned in SS. In church, we found that the adult class had also talked about God's love and how we need to show that to others. God works in mysterious ways huh?

In church, Make Umfundisi Mazibuko talked about the bondage that a family can be in by evil spirits that are brought into our lives even just passed down from generation to generation. At the end of the service many went forward to be prayed over that they would be released from the bondage that they were feeling. Freedom in Christ is so good!

Tonight I had some students come to my flat and ask if I would play floor hockey. I was like, eh...ok. This is a fun sport that the students have gotten into. It was crazy fun because Mr. Cox played as well. I was goalie most of the time and got some internal battle wounds from it, but I survived. The game ended with one of the students falling and hitting his chest against one of the benches along the wall. It looked like he hit his head and so we were all worried, and then he said that he just hit his chest. That would hurt though. So anyway, as the goalie, I was gracious enough to only allow three goals to be made. My team, however, made 8 goals on the other team. Good times.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?