The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
7.20.2005
Day 47
Today is Heidi's birthday so, lucky everyone, we get to eat cake again.
The Cox boys went hunting a few weekends ago and so they brought their kill of two warthogs and one Kudu. We had a roast tonight and it was good! The Kudu is huge and they're having the hide salted and then they will be drying it to have it be a floor rug. That thing will be awesome. And you would be surprised to see that thing's antlers. They're tall and twisted like none other! If his antlers had been even just 1/2 inch longer, it would have been champion size and they wouldn't have been allowed to keep the meat. That thing gave the Cox's more than 400 pounds of meat! Lots of meat. My goodness.
Prayer Requests:
-The field fires are spreading and burning like crazy. I mean crazy crazy. I asked Esther and Dorcas if they've ever came all the way to campus. They said yes, but were able to control the fires from coming on campus with hoses. I'm sure that today many peoples' houses were burnt.
-Students have several physical problems that they are not able to get help for because they cannot afford medical fees and so they just live with these terrible physical problems.
-Pray for my health. I am afraid I might be getting a cold or something.
Praise:
-Heidi's birthday! Cake!
-Mathias is seeming more and more himself. He was sick for a long time and finally seems to be much better, his happy self, and I can already tell that he has grown quite a bit. He's 1.5 years old and 2.5 feet tall. If he grows a half-foot more, he'll be 6 foot when he's a man! Hard to believe, the little guy.

The Cox boys went hunting a few weekends ago and so they brought their kill of two warthogs and one Kudu. We had a roast tonight and it was good! The Kudu is huge and they're having the hide salted and then they will be drying it to have it be a floor rug. That thing will be awesome. And you would be surprised to see that thing's antlers. They're tall and twisted like none other! If his antlers had been even just 1/2 inch longer, it would have been champion size and they wouldn't have been allowed to keep the meat. That thing gave the Cox's more than 400 pounds of meat! Lots of meat. My goodness.
Prayer Requests:
-The field fires are spreading and burning like crazy. I mean crazy crazy. I asked Esther and Dorcas if they've ever came all the way to campus. They said yes, but were able to control the fires from coming on campus with hoses. I'm sure that today many peoples' houses were burnt.
-Students have several physical problems that they are not able to get help for because they cannot afford medical fees and so they just live with these terrible physical problems.
-Pray for my health. I am afraid I might be getting a cold or something.
Praise:
-Heidi's birthday! Cake!
-Mathias is seeming more and more himself. He was sick for a long time and finally seems to be much better, his happy self, and I can already tell that he has grown quite a bit. He's 1.5 years old and 2.5 feet tall. If he grows a half-foot more, he'll be 6 foot when he's a man! Hard to believe, the little guy.
