The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

7.27.2005

Day 54

It looks like it is going to rain any second now. Clothes I left hanging on the line overnight; they're still wet. I think it must have rained sometime in the night. By the way, it's only sprinkled once while I've been here. I hear there was rain in the mid-west recently. I miss the rain. I miss it terribly. It's so dry here my skin is flaking.

I've found that there are less and less lizards; and more and more spiders. It must be a wintertime thing. Don't like it. Today is the first day in a couple of weeks, though, where it has been fairly chilly in the morning. Usually it warms up outside quickly.

Okay, now for the recent African news that you American people most-likely don't know about: South African Airlines is on strike. They've been on strike for a week. So some of the teams that were here are now waiting in Jo-burg and trying to find a flight with another airline. I guess the employees only want a 3% raise, and with SAA being so profitable, it wouldn't be a big deal to just give the employees a raise. Plus, they're losing much more money by their employees striking than if they had just given them the raise. So anyway, the teams in South Africa are trying to get back to the states, and the teams that are in the states are trying to get here. There is a team that is supposed to be here Friday but they were booked with SAA. They're scrambling to find other tickets with another airline so that they can get here on time. This team is helping build the orphanage next week. The orphanage is going to be called the Fortress and it is on the college campus property. So next week is Work and Evangelism week. We were supposed to be working with this team from the states to build the orphanage, but if they don't get here then we'll have to start on our own, but we don't know how to build a building! So it's a dilemma we're in...

Prayer Requests:
-Pray that they can get other tickets or that SAA will cooperate within the next few days.
-That God would continue to show me what exactly it is that he wants me to do in missions. Right now I feel that He wants me to go to countries that have not yet heard of the Gospel, wherever that may be. Pray for discernment in my thoughts and that I would better understand his will for me.

Praise:
-God has provided for me.
-I have a peace about things that I was once anxious about. I want to praise Him for the comfort and love that He gives his children!


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?