The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
7.30.2005
Day 57
Today Esther woke us up by asking us to do Kids Club today because Dorcas is sick. Heidi took the weight on a lot of things and I filled in the cracks. Was able to get some of the students to help out too with some of the things so that we weren't the only two doing everything. It went well though.
Nomsa wasn't able to come to do her class and so since I was the one doing the craft for her class, I got to take over. I actually enjoyed it a lot. We had fun coloring pictures...it was a 4-6 year-old group of kids. It was a challenge to get their names right though. When it was time to sign out books/videos to the kids, I had to ask them what their names were and to remember their names was difficult...names like Nombuso, Phiri, Muhle, then there was Tendaai and Rosina some of the campus kids. It was fun though. I really enjoyed it.
After Kids Club, we started to prepare for a dinner we were planning to have with Thomas and Patricia. Patricia said once that she wants us to teach her how to make pizza and so I said that we could invite them over sometime and show her how to do it, and then eat the pizza, cuz that's the best part. So tonight is the night when they came to eat with us. We had a nice time of fellowship and I showed them the pictures from the night before at Favored's birthday Party. Then I took a few more pictures of their family because Favored was much more lively tonight and smiling.
Praise:
-Spending time with close friends.
Prayer Requests:
-I'm feeling a little sick. Have a bad cough with congestion.
Nomsa wasn't able to come to do her class and so since I was the one doing the craft for her class, I got to take over. I actually enjoyed it a lot. We had fun coloring pictures...it was a 4-6 year-old group of kids. It was a challenge to get their names right though. When it was time to sign out books/videos to the kids, I had to ask them what their names were and to remember their names was difficult...names like Nombuso, Phiri, Muhle, then there was Tendaai and Rosina some of the campus kids. It was fun though. I really enjoyed it.
After Kids Club, we started to prepare for a dinner we were planning to have with Thomas and Patricia. Patricia said once that she wants us to teach her how to make pizza and so I said that we could invite them over sometime and show her how to do it, and then eat the pizza, cuz that's the best part. So tonight is the night when they came to eat with us. We had a nice time of fellowship and I showed them the pictures from the night before at Favored's birthday Party. Then I took a few more pictures of their family because Favored was much more lively tonight and smiling.
Praise:
-Spending time with close friends.
Prayer Requests:
-I'm feeling a little sick. Have a bad cough with congestion.