The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...
8.14.2005
Day 72
This morning Heidi and I woke up late. It was like 8:30 when we woke up and we were supposed to get up earlier to be getting ready to leave for church. After eating we slowly made our way out to the road to find a ride up to the top of a mountain. Ntombi's church was made of wood pieces that were vertical, with cardboard on the inside to keep the wind out. I guess that sometimes the cold or the wind can be disturbing.
The man that spoke at 10:30am was a man that was teaching HIV/AIDS awareness. The kids knew the answers to the questions that he was asking; the adults were keeping quiet because they didn't know the answers. After this man spoke on HIV/AIDS, we had a short break and then he came back and spoke about how we should not be fearful. He spoke on how we need to trust God and his love instead of worrying.
After church we went to a member's house, whose husband is not a believer, and we ate lunch with them. After we ate, the husband was challenging us on our beliefs. We defended just fine, but it seemed that he was teasing for no reason...he knew the truth, but was just wanting to deny it.
We hurried on back to Ntombi's to pack our things and were off to town to meet E&D. I left my knitting needles and a roll of yarn with Ntombi. I taught her how to knit this weekend and thought it would be nice to give her this gift for having us at her place. So I gave her this gift. So we met E&D in a parking lot and on the way home I almost got car sick, but prayer works.
Since this whole weekend I didn't get to do any research on the Hebrews assigned passage (other than just reading and doing simple observations), and E&D knew that we were gone, and I mentioned in the car that I would need to use the library tonight, I assumed that it'd be okay. Well, apparently it wasn't okay. Guess the library isn't supposed to be used on Sundays. But, no one told me. Regardless, I am willing to pay the consequence of breaking the rules that I didn't know I was breaking...which brings me back to the confusion of "am I a student or staff?" When we first got here we were introduced as being both students and staff. So students aren't allowed to use the library on Sundays. Am I a student? Am I staff? What is staff allowed and "not allowed" to do!? Ai. I don't like these technicalities.
Prayer Requests:
-That God would help me with the current confusion I am experiencing.
The man that spoke at 10:30am was a man that was teaching HIV/AIDS awareness. The kids knew the answers to the questions that he was asking; the adults were keeping quiet because they didn't know the answers. After this man spoke on HIV/AIDS, we had a short break and then he came back and spoke about how we should not be fearful. He spoke on how we need to trust God and his love instead of worrying.
After church we went to a member's house, whose husband is not a believer, and we ate lunch with them. After we ate, the husband was challenging us on our beliefs. We defended just fine, but it seemed that he was teasing for no reason...he knew the truth, but was just wanting to deny it.
We hurried on back to Ntombi's to pack our things and were off to town to meet E&D. I left my knitting needles and a roll of yarn with Ntombi. I taught her how to knit this weekend and thought it would be nice to give her this gift for having us at her place. So I gave her this gift. So we met E&D in a parking lot and on the way home I almost got car sick, but prayer works.
Since this whole weekend I didn't get to do any research on the Hebrews assigned passage (other than just reading and doing simple observations), and E&D knew that we were gone, and I mentioned in the car that I would need to use the library tonight, I assumed that it'd be okay. Well, apparently it wasn't okay. Guess the library isn't supposed to be used on Sundays. But, no one told me. Regardless, I am willing to pay the consequence of breaking the rules that I didn't know I was breaking...which brings me back to the confusion of "am I a student or staff?" When we first got here we were introduced as being both students and staff. So students aren't allowed to use the library on Sundays. Am I a student? Am I staff? What is staff allowed and "not allowed" to do!? Ai. I don't like these technicalities.
Prayer Requests:
-That God would help me with the current confusion I am experiencing.