The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

8.15.2005

Day 73

Today I decided it might be good if I washed the blankets I brought last weekend to Mbabane because they smelled of fireplace smoke. So in my first attempt to wash a wool blanket, I decided that it would be good to get professional help. Sibo helped me because she is a professional. I washed most of the clothes I brought and some of my bags that are made of material and were holding the smell. It took most of the afternoon to wash it all. Knowing that the wool blanket probably wouldn't be dry by tonight, I knew I'd have to go another night again with only one blanket. It's all good. The nights haven't been that cold recently.

Our first inductive study was due today, but then Toga decided that we might need another day to work on it. So I did some revisions and am ready to hand it in tomorrow.

So this afternoon I did a lot of working on my basket that I've been working on for forever. Its intense let me tell you. Okay, maybe it's not that intense, but it's a lot of work wrapping straw and sewing it together. It's harder than one may think. Tomorrow at basket weaving we're going to check the prices for the materials we've been using so that we can pay them back. From now on we'll get our own materials at the market so that we don't have to go through this process of bringing all the materials back to St. Joe's to get analyzed and priced. Hopefully it won't take long.

Prayer Requests:
-Sibo is trying to find the website to print off her visa application so that she can submit it before her interview in R.S.A. in September. We're having trouble opening the page and so we can't get the application printed. She needs to turn it in soon for it to be reviewed before her interview...this is a critical point in the process of making it to the States in November.
-continued good health during these next two weeks when I'm finishing this module class here at EWBC. That I can think clearly as I am studying and doing these inductive studies in Hebrews.
-God's continued guidance and strength.

Praise:
-safety during the weekend in Mbabane
-good health


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?