The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

8.22.2005

Day 80

Heidi spoke today in chapel. She spoke on peace and several other things. The scripture was Philippians 4:4-9. When Paul wrote Philippians he was in prison and facing death. Three points to Heidi's sermon:
1. v. 4-5 REJOICE! Pray with Joy and rejoice when Jesus Christ is preached. Take joy in work, service, and even death.
2. v. 6-7 PEACE! Pray to God about everything and don't worry! Thank God for past, present, and future. Nothing is too big for God. We may think that time itself is an impossibility, but with God, even time is not impossible to alter. If we pray, peace will be given by God and we won't understand it because it will be so wonderful amidst what humans would see as "problems."
3. v. 8-9 MEDITATE! Must meditate on things that are true, noble, right/just, pure, lovely, admirable, praiseworthy--constantly think about God and what is good. Your walk (what you do) and your talk (what you say) needs to line up with God. We can't just preach, but we must practice what we teach. Prepare yourself before trying to fix others.

What Heidi said spoke to me. Just How I need to be joyful in everything because the joy I have didn't come from this world ... so the world can't take it away! It should not be what happens that affects my joy. I need to constantly bring everything to God in prayer and then stop worrying about it. Then I must make sure that my thoughts are pure and good. To meditate on things that are not good will corrupt who I am. But to meditate on good things will help me to become what it is that God wants me to be.

Prayer Requests:
-That I can soak up my last week here and continue to enjoy the people around me...in some ways I already feel like I'm already gone and I don't want to feel like that because I'm still here and will miss here when I'm gone.
-People are sad that I'm leaving [so soon]. Pray for comfort in that one day God may allow me to return. Please continue to pray for the people here that I have formed relationships with ... that we can keep in close contact.

Praises:
-My goodness this is my last week. I'll be leaving Swaziland in one week. It's a bittersweet day to be thinking of this.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?