The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

8.27.2005

Day 85

Aug27

Day 85
This afternoon E&D brought us to the District Conference meeting at Ebenezar...wherever that is...all I know is it's east and in the highveld. It was cold and windy.

We were told that we must attend the Malihambe. It is a ceremony of giving to the church district to plant new churches. Lots of money was given and I’m sure in the next year there will be quite a few new churches or at least evangelism going on. It was awesome though. Each church in the district went up one at a time after being called, and the members gave. Not just walking up, but there was singing and dancing. DANCING. I danced too. Ha ha, you can't stop me. Dancing is part of this culture and so I danced, and guess what IWUians, I didn't attend one wedding this summer, but I danced....in church. :-O

Don't be surprised.

The surprise/thrill of this year's Malihambe was that one of the churches carried in a goat above their heads. The poor goat was "bleating" the whole time and looked quite uncomfortable being so far off the ground. Poor thing. So anyway, I guess there is something every year that happens at the Malihambe that is unusual or whatever, just for fun.

Praise:
-Fun day of dancing and praising God.

Prayer Requests:
-One more full day left in Swaziland. It makes me sad.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?