The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few...

8.29.2005

Day 87

I was up at 8am getting ready for leaving. Actually that is a lie. I was up at 6am...and pretty much just rolled around in bed until 8am, wishing I could sleep. One of those nights...I think that even if I had the bed to myself, I probably still wouldn't have slept well. Perhaps it was partially because of my leaving this morning.

I went to check at the Cox's to see if my clothes were dry. They weren't. This dryer they have is small, a little older and doesn't heat the clothes...it can run for two hours and still the clothes be wet. So I told them to just run it for the next 45 minutes until I had to leave and hope that the clothes are a little more dry. Thought I'd have to pack damp clothes in plastic bags and then rewash them when I get to the states. I was willing to do this, but you know it was just another little stress in the back of my mind. Something small, but it was there. I prayed that God would work on that machine and make it dry those clothes with hot, powerful air so that they would be dry when I return to get them. So I give God all the glory for his power! When I returned in 45 minutes, I opened the dryer and the clothes were HOT and Dry! I was like, "THANK YOU GOD!" I told Eunice that the clothes were dry and she looked at me shocked. I guess loads take a day to dry in that dryer or something. Kinda like it takes a day for them to dry hanging outside too, accept yesterday it was raining and so the clothes would have only gotten more wet. So anyway, little prayer can equal a big praise! It was a relief to not have to pack those clothes in plastic bags. God is just so good. He is SO good.

People came to our door at 9:15-9:30am between after chapel and when we left for the airport. Hugs, promises to write, and frowning faces. Sibo got to come to the airport with us. She was on the verge of tears. I told her not to cry because if she cried then I would cry. But there was no point in crying when we will see each other again soon! We have grown so close though that I feel (and know) that she is my sister and I will miss her tremendously. In the last two months I have been helping her get together her visa application and telling her how to deal with customs and all that stuff. She is nervous. She's never rode on a plane and even moreso, she's never travelled overseas and had to deal with customs. So I have been giving her helpful tips and trying to calm her nerves.

Flew out of Swaziland at 11:00am and landed in Joburg shortly after. Lev and I were in the Joburg airport until 7:50pm. At about 3pm is when Bill (Lev's roommate at Joy Mission) arrived in Joburg to leave on a plane which was to leave at 8:20pm. So he left a little after we left. While we were in the airport we did a lot of reading and browsing through stores.

Got on the plane and introduced myself to my neighbor, Mark. He was nice and helpful when I needed to get my things down cuz I was against the window and he had the aisle seat. The first half of the trip was kind of miserable. I was tired, but I couldn't sleep and so for two hours I kind of drifted in and out of consciousness and pretty much didn't get much rest and because I was tired, I was frustrated. The closterphobia was kicking in and i was restless/irritated because I was so tired and sick of being on the plane. I forgot to put my sleeping pills on my carry-on and so I was just dozy the whole time. So at the halfway point (Sal Island) I prayed to God that either he would make me sleep or keep me wide awake and calm. He kept me wide awake and calm. I watched a lot of movies. So the 16 hour flight was bearable. The first half wasn't as enjoyable, but the second half was. I highly recommend that if you travel to someplace on the other side of the world, you should take a direct flight...layovers make the travelling too long.

Praise:
-Answered prayers.
-Safe trip.
-God is awesome!


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?